Probably the BEST cinnamon rolls I have ever eaten. These gooey babies were adapted from Kitchen Nostalgia’s Crazy Dough Cinnamon Rolls. I kept the recipe for the Crazy Vegan Dough mostly the same (used a ratio of 1/2 whole-wheat flour/ all-purpose), but I tweaked the cinnamon rolls to add a bit of crunch with the almond slivers. For the heavy creamer, I used the remainder of Silk Soy-Milk Vanilla creamer and nixed the added tsp of vanilla extract. My recipe made about a dozen–only a few remain this morning, as I devoured half last night!
- ½ batch Vegan Crazy Dough (I used Silk vanilla soy milk and 1/2 whole-wheat flour/all-purpose flour for this recipe)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 6 Tbsp Earth Balance non-dairy butter, melted
- ½ cup brown¨sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Optional add-in: 1/2 cup of almond slivers
- 4 Tbsp Earth Balance non-dairy butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Silk Soy-Milk vanilla creamer
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- Combine dough with white sugar. Roll on a floured surface into a rectangle, leaving ½-inch border on the long sides.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter (and almond slivers) in a small bowl. Spread mixture onto rolled-out dough. Starting at a long edge, roll dough into a log.
- Cut roll with a sharp knife into 12 (1 1/2-inch) slices. Place slices in an buttered pan (I used 9×9 in pan). Let rise in a warm place about 20-25 minutes or until almost double in size.
- Bake in preheated 350 F (175 C) oven for about 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden. Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and invert onto rack. Let cool a bit.
- GLAZE: In a small bowl, combine 4 Tbsp melted butter, vegan cream, powdered sugar and almonds. Drizzle glaze over rolls. Eat your heart out!
* Add-ins such as raisins, pecans, shredded coconut might also be tasty. Feel free to experiment!