It’s Taco Tuesday! Growing up, there were many family dinner nights that involved tacos. Here’s my veganized take on an old staple. I even made my own tortillas using Kitchen Nostalgia’s Vegan Crazy Dough recipe. Next time I plan to make my own vegan beef (or maybe try neat meat) , as the meatless product I used was a bit on the processed side.
To Make the Tortillas:
- Use 1/4 batch of Vegan Crazy Dough and divide into about eight portions. On floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-inch, flat circle. You can make these however big or small you want. Portion sizes will vary!
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas over medium heat for 2-3 minutes (or more/less) on each side or until lightly browned. Set aside.
To Make Taco Filling:
- 1 cup (or 1/2 package) Lightlife meatless ground beef crumbles
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 whole jalapenos, chopped
- 16 oz tri-color coleslaw (I used Marketside)
- sea-salt to taste
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and cook meatless crumbles over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Add chopped onion, jalapeno, coleslaw, mixing well with meat crumbles. Continue cooking over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for about ten minutes. Salt to taste.
- Scoop out filling onto tortilla, and fold like a taco. Eat it!