What better way to start the summer than with a generous bowl of creamy avocado ice cream? And it’s so pretty, too! If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, you could probably freeze the mixture in a container for a few hours and get something similar. This version was adapted from David Lebovitz’s recipe and veganized for your eating pleasure.
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Imperial sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Extra: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place avocados, coconut milk, sugar, lime juice, and vanilla in food processor until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into container and chill for about an hour.
- Transfer chilled mixture into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove ice cream from maker and stir in chocolate chips.
- Eat now or save some for later.