So much deliciousness. There was also baked peaches, vegan pizza, and vegan no-bake brownies …
Chocolate and peanut-butter — two ingredients that never go out of style. These vegan peanut-butter cups are easy to make and sure to satisfy your craving for chocolatey-peanut-buttery goodness.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened peanut butter, room temperature (I used Teddie’s peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place butter in micro-wave safe bowl and melt.
- Whisk in peanut-butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Sift cocoa into mixture. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, until firm, or overnight for best results.
These brownies were adapted from Minimalist Baker’s Simple Vegan Brownies recipe. Whenever I tweak a recipe, it is usually the result of me being too lazy to go to the store to get the proper ingredients. Hence, these are the lazy version — made with ingredients already found in my cupboard! Because I used whole-wheat flour in place of all-purpose, these brownies turned out a bit denser and the taste is slightly altered. You may want to add a few teaspoons of water to the mixture, as whole-wheat flour is more absorbent. Personally, I enjoy the wheat flavor, but you are free to use all-purpose if you have it available. Chocolate chips will help sweeten it up, or you could probably substitute shredded coconut.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cup Turbinado cane sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water mixed and set aside in small bowl for 5 minutes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 12 standard-sized muffin tins with cooking spray or use muffin liner.
- Prepare flax mix in a small bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and melt in the microwave. Once melted, stir in the flax and water mixture, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine. Lastly, add the flour, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin tins until 3/4 full and bake on the middle rack for 20-22 minutes.Remove from oven and let rest in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a plate or cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container to keep fresh for a couple days. Freeze for long-term storage.